Friday, April 18, 2008

Museum Mile on Fifth Avenue











































I'm trying to visit all the the museums on Manhattan's Museum Mile on Fifth Avenue. I have already visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art over 5 times but I've only visited the Guggenheim Museum and the Whitney Museum of American Art out of the rest of them. Today I visited El museo del Barrio and the Museum of the City of New York. To go there, I take the "6" train and get off at 103 St station which is almost the entrance of East Harlem. When I came out of the subway, It was a different area from other areas. It was Harlem, which I've been to once before. El Museo del Barrio is the museum that specializes in representing Caribbean and Latin American art. There was an exhibition of "ARTE ≠ VIDA: ACTIONS BY ARTISTS OF THE AMERICAS, 1960-2000." The art was very unique and also I felt they were giving voice to the political problems of Latin America. As for the Museum of the City of New York, I think everybody will enjoy the place. We can see a short video of New York City's history. Also we can see New York Interiors which are interiors of gorgeous houses in New York from the late 17th through the early 20th centuries.