Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Ripley's Believe or Not" at Times Square


Today I was with kids who are sons and daughters of my friends because this week is a spring vacation for them. We went to the museum; The world's most unusual museum, "Ripley's Believe it or Not" at Times Square. Maybe all the attractions are fun for kids, but for me there was something that I could not accept about their concept.

We saw pictures of a person with too much long hair and a person with an enormous foot, etc. Also there were interactive exhibits such as a black hall, ancient instruments... those were fun. However some of them were pictures of Siamese twins and there were replicas of old instruments of torture.

I felt like the place was a freak show... Also many gods which are worshipped in Asia were exhibited like odd things... I know this museum is for entertainment, but I think this is not suitable for Times Square where a lot of people visit from all over the world.