Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Food Court

Sarku Japan
Chiken Teriyaki
Sarku Japan Sushi Bar

I was at Garden State Plaza Mall during the daytime today. I had lunch at a food court. I had Chicken teriyaki from Sarku Japan. It was the most popular. The other delis were not crowded but only Sarku Japan had a line. The chicken was soft and the taste of the teriyaki sauce was good. Of course the portion was too big for me as you can see in this picture. The deli, Sarku Japan, also has a Sushi Bar. Here in the US, we can find this kind of sushi bar at every food court. Otherwise workers of sushi bars are always Korean.. The sushi cooks are waring white uniform and making sushi and sushi rolls without saying a word like Japanese sushi cook. I guess this is one of their performance...

By the way, I hear Spanish much more than English at the mall. Everybody speaks Spanish, clients, fast food workers and department store clerks. I think the person who works at hospitality needs to speak Spanish and also there are a lot of second or third generation Spanish speakers. I also saw on TV that the Mayor of Newark was speaking fluent Spanish and I thought that the leaders need to speak Spanish. I can't tell what percentage of Spanish speakers are around here.