Thursday, September 27, 2007

Brooklyn Walking ブルックリンを散歩



I went to Brooklyn and took a walk today. This was my first time to visit Blooklyn. I got off the sabway at Jay Street Borough Hall station. Walking up to the ground, I was surprised at a lot of people coming and going around the station. I didn't know how urban Brooklyn was . The place was the center of downtown Brooklyn. Since I went there only with a simple walking guide which I printed from an internet web site, I couldn't tell where I was exactly. Fortunately, I found a Barns&Noble Book Store and found a nice guide book called "NFT (Not For Tourist Guide)". I think this is good for tourists too. This shows each map of the neighborhoods and detailed information, for example landmarks which are good for finding sightseeing spots, bagel stores, supermarkets, restaurants and even farmer's market information.


Blooklyn Heights Promenade

Blooklyn Heights

I walked to the Dumbo area to visit the Empire Fulton-Ferry State Park. Otherwise checking in more detail after my trip I found that the place where I went was a different park which doesn't have a name... From this park I could see Manhattan Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge but from the Empire Fulton-Ferry State Park only one bridge can be seen because the park is between Manhattan Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge...



Then I went to Brooklyn Heights Promenade from where I could see the East side of Manhattan beyond the East River. Then I walked downtown to Fulton Street. I saw many more black people and I felt Brooklyn's atmosphere was a little bit easygoing.


Fulton Street Market, downtown Brooklyn