Saturday, September 1, 2007

Short Trip to Manhattan 2 - Eco Bag


We visited the Whole foods Market which was opened this year on the Lower Eastside where we lived 2 years ago. I had been waiting for the opening because the market was advertised as "Coming soon," but it had never opened during our stay. I can't understand that "soon" means 2 years!?? On the second floor of the new Whole Foods Market, there is a cafe space and the clothing department which sells clothes made from organic cotton. I was looking for their green Whole Foods' Eco bag as I couldn't find one in the market in New Jersey, but it wasn't there. Otherwise I found another design. It was the big size and had two type of handles. It seemed very useful. I thought that it would cover Japanese long leeks and Japanese radishes. Also it had the logo " NEW YORK CITY" and " MADE IN THE USA ". Hearing from the cashier, the regular green bag was out of stock as it sold out this summer and they are producing more now. Also he mentioned the long line in July caused by Anya Hindmarch's I'm Not A Plastic Bag caused by . ( The bag was sold at another Whole Foods Market in Manhattan on July) I took the newly designed Whole Foods' Eco bag but he put the bag into their plastic bag for me...