Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bergen Community College's ESL

I have taken ESL classes at two schools since September; one is at Montclair State University and the other is at Bergen County Community Action Partnership. Montclair's ESL just finished yesterday and BCCAP's ESL is almost finished. I have to find an ESL school where I'm going to study next year. Since I have to go back to my country once from the end of year to the beginning of February, it's very complicated to find the next school for me to start studying from February, right after I come back here. Some people recommended ESL at Bergen Community College. I didn't know this college's ESL class is near my apartment. The main location of BCC is in Paramus, NJ. I was checking the HP before but I didn't find a short term ESL course there. However, they have an ESL course at another location, in downtown Hackensack, which is a 20 minute walk from my apartment. I went there to find out about next year's ESL in November but they said that they would have it only in December, so I went there again today. They have a class in the morning, afternoon and night. The afternoon class is free of charge if you have a social security number. Fortunately they had the registration test today and I could take it. The test goes on for 3 days until Thursday. Also we had an orientation from a teacher. She gave the orientation using a big projector. It seemed a well organized ESL program.