Friday, February 8, 2008

I'm back

I was in my country from the Christmas season until yesterday because I had to help in my parents' house. It has been one and a half months away from New Jersey, but it's still winter and it snowed yesterday and it was minus 12 degrees Celsius today. When I'm in the US, I become a meat-eater, yielding to the temptation of hamburger and tacos. In addition, it's always warm inside our apartment and in the corridor and also I don't do any particular exercises, so inevitably I gain weight. However when I'm back in Japan, I eat Japanese food loaded with fish and vegetables every day. Also I exercise my body because it's almost the same temperature inside the house as outside when the heater isn't turned on. Also I was walking over 30 minutes everyday. I feel that I re-fleshed my body during my stay in Japan. It was thought-provoking. In the US, I become unhealthy unless I try to choose what I eat. So I want to make a choice of food thinking about a healthy life.

The vegetables in American supermarkets are not juicy and I don't feel like eating them much. However if I choose organic vegetables, they are fresh, juicy and safe but their cost is high. In Japan, I didn't care about organic food. However the difference between organic food and non-organic food is very big here. I was checking out about "Organic" and noticed that buying organic food is helping organic farmers and contributing to the protection of the environment and the earth and I am happy about it. My husband's assignment in the US extended to one year instead of a half-year but it seems to be shorter now. We might be here about 2 or 3 months more but I would like to try to be closer to LOHAS as much as I can.