Sunday, February 10, 2008

So Kong Dong Restaurant (Soft Tofu Restaurant)




















I had lunch at a well-known Korean restaurant, the Soft Tofu Restaurant, at Fort Lee, NJ. Last time we went there for dinner, there was a long waiting line-up outside the restaurant and we gave up. So this time we went there before noon, avoiding the lunch rush. The restaurant was full of Asian, Korean and maybe Japanese and I even felt Asian energy. Their main dish is Korean Soft Tofu Soup (Sun Du Bu Chigae). I could choose from non-spicy, not so spicy, medium spicy to hot or very spicy. I chose not so spicy Oyster Tofu Soup (Oyster Chigae). Even if it was "not so spicy", it was spicy enough for me and the soup was bubbling and so nice and the soft tofu was so silky. it was only USD8.00 including their free appetizer which was fresh and good. I liked to have Chigae at "HAM BAT" in Manhattan, however I think the Soft Tofu Restaurant is better than that. It's worth going across the George Washington Bridge to have Chigae here.