Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Departure Narita / 味噌持って行きたいんです

It was hard to escape from Japan with my husband leaving our newly-built detached house. We finally arrived at Narita. Only one thing we had to do was board an airplane. But! The security check didn't allow us to pass through smoothly. I knew that pet bottles were prohibited as carry-on baggage. Otherwise, I didn't know cosmetics and toothpaste etc. were regulated. All liquids over 100ml are prohibited as carry-on baggage. liquids less than 100ml are allowed if you put them in a plastic bag of less than 20cmx20cm. This rule has been in effect since March, 2007 for all international airlines.
So I put my face lotion and milky lotion etc. in my checked baggage in haste. Furthermore, I had MISO and NUKAMISO in my carry-on baggage. These also went into my checked baggage. I thought these were not liquids but they were. Is that obvious??? But these were the most important things for me. They were valuables... I've never found MISO better than the home made miso of my parent's house. I was worried about it until we arrived at Newark.